Thursday, May 28, 2009

Writing a New Song - Part II (Waiting for the click)

So as I've told you a few weeks ago, I am writing new material for Enraged. Since then I've come up with a lot of riffs and ideas but I am yet to feel excited about a particular one. A couple of years ago I'd have normally just finished the tracks and decided whether or not to play them later but I don't have that kind of patience these days. I usually find myself abandoning the work that I've done and trying something else; leaving behind a lot of undeveloped riffs and structures. There is a wasteland of .gp4 and .gp5 files on my hard drive now, lol.

Of course I feel very frustrated and demotivated because of that but in the same time I say to myself not rushing into completing unsatisfying music might eventually put me on the right track. So as the summer starts; I am spending my World of Warcraft-less days practising guitar and writing music at night; waiting for the click. I Hope it comes!

p.s The easiest part was making names for the songs I am to write!! I'll let one go for now; Hypatia! (That is the one I am currently working on). I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment