Friday, March 27, 2009

Writing a new song! (Chapter 1)

It's been quite a while since I've written a complete track for Enraged. I've been having a writer's block for a while, actually. What mostly happens is that I have an idea for a riff or a certain mood and after spending hours trying to develop it into a song, it doesn't click with me and I leave it at that stage. I think at them moment I have not less than 20 undeveloped ideas and compilation of riffs which is a shame really.

To solve that problem I've decided to give myself a break for a while and try to listen to different songs and music to be inspired and focus more on developing my technique, which is a good thing to do anyway. It wasn't long though until I've felt an urge to write something. I actually feel quite excited about it, which is a sensation that I've lacked lately. I am thinking to myself that instead of worrying about "thinking outside the box", I should just worry about letting the ideas flow without thinking too much on how they should fit or how I want the song to be like. I guess that sometimes thinking outside the box becomes, in reality, a prison on its own.

I've already come up with a basic melody and a couple of riffs, and I am planning to keep it straight forward for the now being. I'll update the blog as I go about the process and hopefully upload a sample of the work I am doing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment