Monday, March 28, 2011

New Material

Around two years ago I talked in this exact spot about being inspired to write new tracks. It was one of the most honest song writing processes I've went into; that meant there was no conscious attempts to make this or that part "groovy" or "complex" and that helped me take down one of the hardest music writing blocks I ever had. In a way these times were "axe in the idol" period and I think we came up with some interesting tracks to add and enrich our repertoire with songs like Hypatia, Jeremiad and NDP.

Simplicity and dismissing any enforced idea to the natural flow of song writing was what really marked that period and is paying off with the tracks we are playing now in our live shows.

Good news is I've been lately been having this funny feeling of wanting to write new songs. And I have to say that thus far some of the ideas are ground breaking (For us, of course. We're not rewriting history) and some are building up on our traditional and signature tracks such as Ma'at and Hypatia.

Bad news we haven't actually recorded our tracks from 2009 and I really want to get that done before these songs join their sisters written earlier in the 2005-2006 period and hardly anyone, including us remember them.

I've already got recording device so I guess what I need to get started with is Pro Tools!

For the record here is a list of the original songs we've performed since 2005

1- The Truth That Lies Conceal
2- Ma'at
3- The Odyssey of the Blind
4- Truth be Hold
5- Release Me
6- The Apsis of the Seeker
7- Points of Departure
8- Delusional Escape
9- It's War
10- Chasing Smoke
11- Inhale your demons
12- Kemet
13- Heretic
14- Once Again
15- Hypatia
16- Jeremiad
17- A Theory of Evil
18- NDP

The bold ones are the ones we actually still play so ...... I have reason for concern =/

No comments:

Post a Comment