Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jam # 1 (31st of March, 09)

What would you do if you need to jam and Ganoub remains to be out of service still? Well opt to other studios, of course! Today Bishoy, Rasha, Tefa and I booked two hours in Studio 32 in Mohandseen to try jamming with Ashraf Majid on keyboards (He played as a guest member in Instrumental Therapy's last gig in El Sakkiah).


I was skeptical about the quality of the studio but I was happy to find out that they've actually improved a lot. The cymbals weren't cracked to start with, the service was really good and quick, and in no time we were ready to jam. My only complaint that the big room is expensive to rent (45 pounds/hour) but I guess for people living around the area paying an extra 10 pounds in a nearby studio is worth saving the effort of travelling Nasr City studios!


We tried to play couple of songs that we usually cover such as Nemo for Nightwish and Swamped for Lacuna Coil, and it went well I'd say. The vibe was really positive and I had loads of fun.


Besides jamming once again with Enraged, I was especially excited for trying out the new riffs for the song I've been writing recently. It does sound much better with a drums line! Our dear camera woman, Rasha, has taken a video of part of it. It doesn't end very well in the video but it's fun to watch anyway =P



Also don't miss out Bishoy's annoying "Debana" notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment