Friday, April 10, 2009

Jam Session #2 (10th of April, 09)

I just love Friday! The streets aren't crowded, and there is usually much less noise. It does feel peaceful, I wish everyday would be a friday! Today we had a jamming session in Studio 32 (I love Ganoub, but man! Not having to cut the distance from Mohandseen to Nasr City is just wonderful).

Bishoy and Ashraf got stuck in traffic (Strange for a friday eh? =P), so Rasha, Tefa and I warmed up with Sweet Home Alabama! It's simple but has a great traditional vibe (I wish I could borrow Dr. Phil's accent for one day and sing this song!).





When Bishoy and Ashraf finally came we rehearsed the core of our usual setlist (Nemo, Swamped, Ma'at etc...) and it was okay, more or less. The songs feel empty without Omar, really. I just hate it when someone is missing! >=(






Bishoy discovered today, by the end of the jam, a new rendition of his infamous annoying debana! I've uploaded two videos from the jam on Utube. They're also embedded in this post so check it out! The icing on the cake was having a nice Hookah smoke with Bishoy in a nearby cafe'!




Who said jamming is only fun when there is an upcoming gig? Good times! Good times!

Check out those videos!



Annoying Debana II !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment