Thursday, July 9, 2009

The night before the gig ...

I've played a couple of live shows with Enraged and other projects .. I think I could say that I don't a have stage fright. I still get some butterflies in my stomach sometimes and I think a lot prior to the show about the possibilities of things going wrong and whether or not people will like the show; that sort of thing. But that is just normal I guess.

I remember around 2003 I had a great professor, Dr. Muhammad Khalifa, who taught a Verbal Communication class and I owe a lot to this class. He gave a lot of tips about posture, strength of voice and, by practise, attitude. Anyway ... I am not afraid but I can't fucking sleep!

I have sleeping disorders .. It comes naturally with my overweight, anxiety and lack of organisation but I really really want to sleep so that I can wake up early in the morning to make sure things the stage is set and ready for the sound check ...

Anyway I was complying a list of things that one shouldn't be doing the night prior to an important gig .... Here it goes!


1- Wondering where the hell your guitars are!
Yep ... That is not a good situation! Not making sure that there is a guitar tuned and ready for the neck breaking gig is a not a cool feeling. Both of my guitars are being fixed and I have neither of them at the moment. I've lost hope for one of them but the other will probably be ready by tommorow. There is a catch, though. I need to change its fucking strings as well!!!
So yeah ... fetching in your closets for a guitar isn't a good sign before a gig




2- Getting glued to a video game late at night
Video games is probably one of the best things ever invented in the 20th century. I love video games! I've probably played video games more than any other activity other than perhaps sleeping and walking. And I sincerly doubt it! Sleep is superior to video gaming though when you know you must wake up early in a good shape and mood for a long day and a demanding performance. Oh well ... FOR THE HORDE !


3- Making a blog post at 4:22 am

Yeah ... I mean seriously! What the fuck?

So anyway ... There it is. Maybe a warm shower will get me to sleep a couple of hours. I just found out that I don't have any alarms to wake me up. Perhaps I will contemplate about it under the warm water. I'll try to take a lot of pics and videos tommorow of the whole thing so that all you loyal friends who logon the blog get a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes! Yeah ... I wish we were that important =P

Cheers and see you tommorow

p.s (For the memory. Tei7a, fuck you man!)

No comments:

Post a Comment